We are recruiting: 10+ years PQE private client solicitor at Julie West Solicitors
Our fantastic lead private client solicitor Susan Grant is retiring in Spring 2021. We are looking to recruit a private client solicitor at senior level to be based at our Leatherhead office to start as soon as possible.
- Salary: £40,000
- Location: Leatherhead, Surrey. Our office is set in 14 acres of parkland adjacent to Leatherhead Leisure Centre and Leatherhead town centre. Free on-site parking.
- Hours: Full-time (37.5 hours per week), but would consider 30 hours per week and/or non-standard office hours.
- Future development: Head of private client department at Julie West Solicitors.
- Start date: As soon as possible.
The ideal candidate:
The ideal person will be a dedicated, qualified individual with a positive attitude, able to work without supervision and able to demonstrable technical expertise in dealing with a full range of private client work. It is expected that the individual will have developed marketing and practice development skills which are essential requirements for the position.
- Qualifications: Solicitor or equivalent professional qualification essential. STEP and/or SFE qualifications preferred.
- Essential experience: 10+ years post-qualification experience in wills, trusts, lasting powers of attorney, probate and estate administration, tax planning (inheritance tax and capital gains tax) and working with elderly or vulnerable clients.
- Desirable experience: Court of Protection matters, cross-border issues, residential care packages, mental health, acting as professional trustee/executor/attorney.
Day to day requirements of the role:
- To provide sound legal advice and assistance to your clients as well as those of other departments of the firm.
- Supervision and mentoring of trainee solicitors and junior/other colleagues.
- To take on new instructions and have ongoing conduct of client matters through to completion, whether working alone or with others.
- To maintain a client/referrer base and to continue to develop it.
- To take part in marketing and practice development activities at the firm and to show initiative in practice development.
- To have discipline with regard to cash-flow control through collection of monies on account and regular, timely billing and to achieve or exceed targets appropriate for a senior fee-earner.
- To have good file management.
- To maintain a professional knowledge base.
- To demonstrate a high level of technical competence in the relevant area of law with no need for supervision in your area of specialism.
- To have the confidence of all colleagues in terms of the handling of referred work, including as to quality of advice, quality of service levels, promptness of work done, and levels of fees charged.
- Well-developed interpersonal, social and communication skills including an appreciation of the vulnerability of some of the clients you will be meeting.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team and to work under pressure.
- A sound knowledge of your responsibilities as a fee-earner including rules and principles of professional conduct, client care, conflicts of interest, confidentiality, relations with third parties and with other solicitors, regulatory and compliance procedures.
About Julie West Solicitors
We are a growing law firm in the Mole Valley district of Surrey, and we provide exceptional legal services primarily to individuals and small businesses, locally, nationally and internationally. We specialise in the areas of property and private client advice.
Our aim is to be the pre-eminent small law firm in Mole Valley. We will achieve this through investment in people, training and resources to enable us to deliver an excellent legal service tailored to meet our clients’ individual needs.
Our core values:
- We want to give our clients a superb service and experience
- We enjoy what we do and we are good at what we do
- We can achieve more collectively than we can individually
- We value diversity, enterprise and innovation
- Financial stability and increasing revenue are paramount if we are to enjoy success
Working through the coronavirus pandemic
We carried on working through lockdown without furloughing any of our staff. We have not made any redundancies, nor has our office been closed. Our team is able to work in the office or remotely and we make adjustments to our systems and procedures as the situation develops. We intend to keep working and aim to provide as normal a level of service as possible so that our clients may continue to access quality independent legal advice.
How to apply
Send your CV and cover letter to our office manager Carolyn Boulding (email@example.com). We will be considering the first round of applicants for interview at the end of November 2020.
For any further information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone Carolyn on 01372 383273.