The Surrey Law Society
Company Number 4336425
ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING 2017
6.30pm on Thursday 23rd November
Hosted by TWM Solicitors, 65 Woodbridge Rd, Guildford GU1 4RD
To download a copy of this notice, please click here
NOTICE is hereby given that the 2017 Annual General Meeting of The Surrey Law Society (“the Society”) will take place on the 23rd day of November 2017 at 6.30 pm at TWM Solicitors, 65 Woodbridge Rd, Guildford GU1 4RD.
The following ordinary business will be considered:
1. To welcome Members present and receive apologies.
2. To approve the Minutes of the 2016 Annual General Meeting on Thursday 24th November.
3. To receive the President’s report from Mark Gough.
4. To receive the Treasurer’s report from Nick Ball.
5. To receive and adopt the Company's Annual Accounts for the financial year ended 31st March 2017 together with the Directors' Report on those accounts
6. To elect the Officers and Committee of the Society to serve in 2017 - 2018 namely:-
James Scozzi who will then invite Members present to vote in the remaining Officers and Committee Members ‘en bloc’ as follows:-
The other Officers:
Vice President – Victoria Clarke
Deputy Vice President – currently vacant
Honorary Secretary – Kieran Bowe
Honorary Treasurer – Nick Ball
plus a Committee of 9 members:
Mark Gough (Immediate Past President)
Standing down at this AGM:
7. To receive a report from Law Society Council Members for Surrey - John Perry and Sushila Abraham.
8. To transact any other business of which notice shall have been given.
Sue Seakens, Chief Executive
Date: 31st October 2017
The formal business of the AGM being completed there will be a brief address to members given by Sue Seakens, CEO of Surrey Law Society from July 2007 to November 2017. Sue will be officially retiring from the role of CEO at this AGM after 10 years’ service and handing over to her successor Helen Opie.
A Networking Reception follows the AGM and all present are invited to join the President and Committee for drinks and canapés.
A member is entitled to attend and vote at the meeting convened by the notice set out above, or is entitled to appoint a proxy to attend and vote in his place. A proxy need not be a member of the company. Members wishing to appoint a proxy will be required to complete a Proxy Form and return it by 5.00pm on Wednesday 15th November to the registered address below, to DX 94652 Virginia Water or by email to SLS Chief Executive email@example.com.
Follow this link for a copy of the minutes of the 2016 AGM
Follow this link for a copy of the 2016/17 Accounts