Howell Jones is seeking to recruit an experienced and motivated lawyer to join our Litigation Team. The vacancy is in our Bordon office and the successful candidate will become a part of the very successful team that also works in our offices in Kingston and Walton. The ideal candidate will:
- be an exceptional UK qualified Solicitor or Chartered Legal Executive with at least 6 years’ post qualification experience with an excellent track record of monthly billing and fees recovery.
- demonstrate a sound knowledge and experience of a range of High Court and County Court litigation work including contract, tort, commercial, property including boundary disputes, professional negligence and Landlord and Tenant.
- be experienced in advocacy and use counsel selectively.
- will have experience of risk assessment of cases and working under CFA’s and DBA’s.
- be highly organised, familiar with regulatory compliance procedures, Lexcel standards and will be expected to travel to meet clients at any of our other offices as required.
- have a sound understanding of legal costs and be able to prepare costs budgets.
- have excellent IT skills and be able to work independently.
- be people friendly, a team player and a safe pair of hands who understands the importance of developing and maintaining excellent client relationships.
- be proactive with a keen interest in looking for new business and developing his or her caseload and the team.
This is a full-time position. Please send CV (including home address, telephone number and references (if available) with salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org No agencies please. Job Posted 27.06.17